Sunday, December 14, 2014

Memebox Superbox #77 Foot Therapy Review

**FYI - Memebox no longer ships to Canada.  I'll leave these reviews for posterity but any links or recommendations are sadly no longer for us :( Many of the products can be found elsewhere - check out my post on where else to shop for k-beauty products!


Memebox is a Korean Beauty Box company with a different model than most beauty boxes.  Instead of subscribing to a monthly box, they periodically release new boxes and you can purchase as many or as few as you like.  Boxes usually range from $23 - $29 plus $6.99 for shipping to Canada (shipping can take 10-20 business days so be prepared).  Express shipping is available for an extra cost or with bundles (more than one box purchased and shipping at the same time).  Memebox also offers many of the items from their boxes in their shop - and seems to be focusing most of their attention lately into shop sales, not boxes :(  And a warning to Canadian shoppers, some of the shop items are for US customers only so don't get your heart set on anything until you check the tag under it!

This box is not currently available for sale, although restocks do happen from time to time.  Current boxes can be found here.

This was not the first box I ordered from Memebox but since it was a restocked item, it shipped out almost immediately and was the first box I received.  As soon as I saw that Foot Therapy was available, I had to order it.  My husband is a fan of nice-looking feet and I am a fan of getting foot rubs so keeping things neat and soft is key in my house :)


My first look was awesome - this is one full-looking box! It helps that it is a "Superbox" as well which indicates it will contain all full-sized products.


Memebox includes these product cards which indicate what each item is, what it is valued at (sometimes these are a little inflated but since I can't get most of these products where I live, I'll cope with that) and how to use it.  I can't stress how valuable the "how to use it" aspect is since I haven't heard of many of these items before and would have no idea what to do with them!


Again, sorry about the reflections on these - if Santa doesn't bring a camera, I may have to buy one with some Christmas cash.  Mine currently thinks it's 2008 and doesn't switch modes anymore :(


Lassha New Cool Foot V2.0 (150ml) - $18 value
This is a spray that can be used on feet, socks and shoes to combat odours and refresh your feet.  It does smell pleasant (kind of minty?) and feels cooling and soothing.  I think if I worked a job that kept me on my feet all day, this would be great.  As it is, I use it when I'm wearing the shoes that always make my feet smell (do other people have this problem? my feet don't smell and my shoes don't smell. . . but a few pairs end up making things smell by the end of the day?).  I put it where my husband can't miss it when he gets home and so far, nothing.  I suggested this is more of a product for his needs. . . nothing.  I may need to be less subtle?

Purederm Callus Reducer Heel Patches Jojoba (4 patches) - $14 value
I haven't used these yet but they are like bandages which go over your heels.  You wear them overnight and wake up with soft, non-callused heels.  I tried the peeling foot product (see below) first, and have been using the foot file included, so haven't needed to reduce calluses on my heels just yet.  But I'm sure I will.  And I have heard good things about these.

with shyan Professional Foot File Remover - $9
Love this! I have had many versions of this in the past with the same terrible issue - uncomfortable handles.  This one is plastic, not wood, so it just seems a little easier for me to grip for whatever reason.  Plus, the knobby-part on the end prevents it from slipping out of my hand in the tub.  You can't tell from the picture but this is actually a double-sided file with one side having more "grit" for serious scrubbing and the other, a bit more gentle.


Mizon Magic Peeling Foot - $11 value
This is definitely weird and so what I was hoping for in a Korean foot care box.  I have never seen anything like this.  So I had to try it immediately! This is a foot mask contained in little booties.  You wear them on your feet for 1 1/2 hours and then wash off the excess.  At first, it seems as though nothing has happened besides the product making your feet smell weird.  And then, in 4-5 days, something magic happens:  your feet start peeling.  Seriously.  It had been 4 days and I was getting a little disappointed.  I had a bath and noticed my feet started peeling.  Within 3 days, it was like I had new feet - soft, smooth feet.  I'm not kidding.  There was not a part of my foot that didn't peel off.  Totally gross but really satisfying! I would love to get my hands on more of these!

Holika Holika Baby Silky Foot Mask - $3 Value
This is another foot mask, although this one is just for moisturizing.  Again, the product is contained in little booties.  In this case, they are worn for 15-20 minutes and then the remaining essence can be patted into the skin.  I'm going to try this one tonight.  It doesn't sound as exciting as the Magic Peeling Foot but then, what does?


Holika Holika Healing Nails Cuticle Oil - $2 Value
Not the most exciting item. . . and not usually something I would use on my feet for that matter.  I have a cuticle oil open at the moment that I'm working through so I'll save this one for sometime in 2-3 years time when I finally finish that one up (lol. . . maybe I should take better care of my cuticles?).

Calmia Silky Soft Foot Cream - $18 value
This is a nice foot cream.  Pleasant smell.  Good absorption.  My husband says it doesn't leave his hands feeling slimy so that's good.

Tonymoly Shiny Foot Scrub Wash - $7 value
This is a pleasant foot scrub.  I've been using it with the foot file in the tub when I think of it.  That's my problem with foot scrubs, really.  I never remember that I have them or think to use them.  But I do like this.  It'll just take me a really long time to get through a whole 100ml tube of it.

Overall Verdict:
This box cost me $23 + $6.99 shipping for a total of $29.99.  Memebox's suggested value on these items is $82 and while I could quibble with their pricing, I believe it is mostly fair and that this box was definitely worth more than I paid for it.  I love the foot file and the peeling mask.  I will gladly use the callus reducers, the other foot mask and the foot cream. . . and continue pestering my husband to use the foot spray when he gets home from work! The foot scrub and cuticle oil are useful items but I won't use them as often as I could.  Overall, this box was exactly what it billed itself as and has a good range of products.  I wish it included more than one of each mask since a one-time use product is always a little disappointing when it's such a good product!

So, do you use cuticle oil on your feet? Do you have shoes that make your feet smell? Does the idea of having all your skin peel off excite or terrify you? Have at it in the comments!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.