Saturday, April 11, 2015

Fabletics April 2015 Review

Since I'm now off work and living in sweats, sundresses and maternity stuff, it seemed like a good time to pick up some more casual outfits.  I wanted to get some things that I could wear now (at least for the next few weeks, lol) and after the baby joins us - especially nice-looking workout wear for when I get my butt back to spin and yoga classes! It'll happen! I promise :)

I decided to try out Fabletics after hearing great things about them and I have to say, I was really impressed.  I love sub companies that make it easy to put your sub on hold or skip months if you want to and this one does that so while I got an outfit this month, I could skip next month or the next 4 months if I please.  All I have to do is log on to their site at the beginning of the month to make my selection or skip the month.

Fabletics outfits start at $49.95 US (for 2-3 pieces depending on the outfit) for VIPs but some are a little more expensive.  Shipping to Canada is an additional $4.95 and, while they say it takes 6-10 business days, I found it to be really fast - like maybe 3-4 business days :)  To tempt you further, Fabletics offers your first outfit at half price!

This month I chose the Belonia outfit ($99.90 regular price, $49.95 VIP - but really half that because it was my first month).  My pics turned out terribly so here's the stock photo (no that's not me, lol):

Belonia


This outfit is two pieces:  the Aruba Wrap Top II in Inkwell  ($34.95 regular, $19.95 VIP) and the Salar Capri Fold-Over in Mosaic Print/Inkwell ($64.95 regular, $44.95 VIP)

Here's the one shot of mine that turned out so you can see what it looks like in natural light, larger sizes:
(Is it just me or do my pants look darker than the ones in the stock photo? I expected a bit of white. . . but I like them!)

So what do I think?

Aruba Wrap Top:

I love this top.  It is a gorgeous shade and the draping is just beautiful.  It is lightweight and a good relaxed fit which really works for me.  Part of the reason I chose it is that I can see it working really well as a nursing top in a few months and it totally will.  If you're not pregnant/nursing, however, and don't have the bust enhancement that goes along with that, you might be better served to size this down and plan on wearing a tank or cute sports bra under it just in case! I want one in every colour :)

Salar Capri Fold-Over:

These are mid-rise capris which I like.  Right now, I love that I can pull them right up over my preggo tummy and in the future, I might like that I can fold them over.  They are also maximum compression which isn't my favourite thing right now and does mean that I soon won't be able to wear these until after the baby comes - they are a little tight, lol.  Afterwards, however, I like having something to hold in my tummy until it gets back into shape.

Overall:

I am really happy with both of my items and find the value to be reasonable for the quality of these clothes.  They might be the nicest workout clothes I own! I especially love the top and can see myself wearing it out, not just to work out.  I also really like that I get to decide whether or not to purchase another outfit next month and that it seems easy to skip.  I like the company so far and have also heard good things about their kids' line (Fabkids) but unfortunately that one doesn't ship to Canada. . . yet.  Please Fabkids, come to Canada!

If this makes you want to try out Fabletics yourself, please consider using my link :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.